Blogger Widgets

10 July 2013

Other Comics News Parade-O-Links 07102013

(Superman Family from 1978 stolen from Diversions of the Groovy Kind.)

Here are some things I found interesting in the world of minicomics, comic books, graphic novels, small press, self publishing, zines, webcomics, cartoons, digital comics, other, etc. during the week month ending including 07102013:

"Kim was the brightest, smartest, most well-read man I'd ever met," Waid told CR "He was as familiar with Proust as he was with Englehart, he spoke many other languages fluently, and because of his upbringing and travels, he was truly a citizen of the world. That said, he loved living in America for many reasons, not the least of which was this one: 'It's the only country on Earth where you can order a pizza at three o'clock in the morning.'" - Mark Waid on Kim Thompson from Tom Spurgeon's Comics Reporter.
  • Hello brothers and sisters.  It has been a while since the Parade-O-Links has rolled down Intronet Boulevard.  A lot of stuff has happened right?  Here at file under other we talked about that new Superman movie Man of Steel.  HeroesCon came and went and took our hearts with it but not before Henry Eudy could bite off a big chunk. I wrote a thing about David King's Crime World.  The Heat and the Blackhawks won championships.  Father's day happened.  Mad Men wrapped up another season and smashed my brains to bits.  Egypt overthrew it's leader... again.  The 4th of July happened... again.  Some dude revealed to the world that there are spies and unbelievably people over the age of four thought this was news.  There were wars and rumors of wars.  Babies were born.  The Earth spun round and round.  
  • Some of you may have noticed that I have been relatively absent from the world of teh comics intronets lately.  I've still been super involved in comics.  I've read tons of comics.  Actually, a lot of the comics I read were on my phone and weighed absolutely nothing.  Look, I read a lot of comics.  And, I worked on making  some comics!  But I've been away from teh intronets for the most part.  There are a lot of reasons that I won't get into.  Let's just go with the happiest of those many reasons and say that I'm on vacation.  And, this return to link blogging will most likely be short lived.  Or, at least I probably won't post one of these next week as I will be out of town.   I don't even plan to to take a computer with me.  But don't stop doing awesome things on my account.  I'll still check in through the magic of the cell pad pod phone.  The cell phone is gonna be covered in sunscreen but I'll try to make do. 
 

Oh, and one more last thing!  Did you know you can leave comments on these posts here at file under other?  It's true!  And, I'll probably respond.  Twitter and facebook killed the message boards but that's no reason why you can't argue with me, praise me or leave me recipes.  It's your intronet.  Have fun!

And that's just a taste of some of the interesting things going out there in the wonderful world of comics and things. I can't keep up with it all but I do keep up with a lot of it on twitter and I try to re-tweet the good stuff. You should probably follow me there. If you did something to make comics better this week then high-five!

Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith

p.s. Say you want a leader but you can't seem to make up your mind. I think you'd better close it and let me guide you to my twitter feed.
p.p.s. Let's pretend we went to high school together on facebook.
p.p.p.s. Google + is another place you can read the same thing I posted here.
p.p.p.p.s. I'll tumblr for ya.
p.p.p.p.p.s.  Yeah, I do Instagram too now.  I guess it's a law or something.

No comments: