Blogger Widgets

07 September 2011

fuo at SPX

I've been making comics (semi-seriously) for about nine years and I've been wanting to go to SPX (Small Press Expo) almost as long.  Hopefully this post won't jinx it but I should be there this weekend, Sept. 10 & 11 in Bethesda MD. (Medical Doctor.)  From what I hear, SPX is the finest small press expo in these United States of America. 
I personally love small press.  Large press is fine but it can be hard to carry around.  I prefer the small.  I'm not sure what an "Expo" is but I assume it involves a Ferris wheel and old ladies wearing large hats.  I don't know how they are going to fit all of that into a hotel but that's not my problem.
I should have copies of my latest minicomic #RockingSoHard so that you can hand me cash dollars and then have me hand you comics.  I'll also have the fantastical critically acclaimed trade paper back anthology Shiot Crock 16 which is without a doubt the greatest trade paper back comics anthology I have ever edited and published.  You will want to give me cash money for that as well.  I may and/or may not also bring  many of the other minicomics I have created over the years.  I also may and/or may not have other things for sale.  I may dance.  I might give a dramatic reading of Rick Perry's book Fed Up!  No one knows but God and Nostradamus. You will just have to be there to find out.  
You can find me at table space B8A. I will be standing behind an 8 1/2 by 11 inch sign that looks just like the image at the top of this post.  If you have never met me before, I look exactly like this....
I wish I had time to go through the list and do some sort of round up of all the things I'm looking forward to seeing at SPX but, I'm super busy.  (If anyone would like to come and take care of my job for me on Friday so that I can get a head start on my 8 hour drive, that would be super.)   Let's just say, since I've never been before that I am looking forward to all of it.  (I really want that Infinite Kung Fu book.)  But I'm mostly looking forward to you meeting me and giving me cash for my comic books. 
Oh, oh, I almost forgot.  I of course will also be there representing the file under other blog empire.  So, if you want stuff reviewed at file under other, the absolute best and fastest way to make that happen is to give me stuff at the show.
See you in Maryland!

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

No comments: