Blogger Widgets

29 December 2013

Other Comics News Parade-O-Links 12292013

(Doctor Who issue 12 from 1985.  Cover art Dave Gibbons, I assume.  Stolen from ComicVine.)

Here are some things I found interesting in the world of minicomics, comic books, graphic novels, small press, self publishing, zines, webcomics, cartoons, digital comics, other, etc. during the week ending 12292013:

"Nobody said anything interesting this week for me to quote here." -Shannon Smith

  • Hello brothers and sisters.  Christmas is done and New Year's to go.  Christmas was... not as awful as it could have been.  This was the first Christmas for my family without both by father and my uncle.  That is two major absences from the family Christmas dinner but children do a lot to fill that void.  It was alright.  
  • Here is some stuff I got.  (I am an adult.)


  • How was your Christmas?  Grab a sharpie and the most recent comic book you bought and write a list of everything Santa brought you on the back of the comic.  Mail the comic to 16624 Lee Street, Saint Paul, VA 24283.  (I will not mail you anything.)
  • My kids did have nice Christmas and they did get a lot of nice things.  We also got some quality Lego time in.  My favorite thing in the world to do is not go to work.  I got to not go to work for several days.  I also watched a lot of Doctor Who.  Mostly Doctors 3, 4 and 10.  Read some Doctor Who comics on Comixology too.  Not working, Doctor Who and Legos ain't a bad holiday.
  • This year's Doctor Who Christmas special was terrible by the way.  Maybe the worst Moffat episode ever.  I liked the bit with Clara and her family but that was about it.  The actors were fine and enjoyable but that script/plot... yikes.  Total catastrophe.
  • I cant' stop listening to that dumb Tame Impala song.
  • Not a lot of news this week or at least not a lot that I had time to pay attention to.  Mostly end of the year wrap up stuff like this one at The Comics Journal.
  • SPX is going to a lottery format for the tables at its next show.  Details here.  There was some worry in the the reactions from some folks but it makes sense to me.  It had basically already been a lottery for the past few years.  Would your check get there before they were sold out?  Would you get the website to work before they sold out?  At least the playing field is more level now.  I hope to be there. 
  • Aw Jeeze.  Now they will never stop breeding. 
  • This Jack Davis tumblr has a lot of great stuff on it.
  • I've never read Copra because I don't think I've ever been within a hundred miles of a copy of it but, it sure does sound neat-o
  • This Wook Jin Clark Megagogo art looks fantastic. 
  • There is a new issue of The Atomic Elbow out so you are going to want to buy that. 
  • And finally..."I did not choose the candy life, the candy life chose me."
Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith

p.s. Say you want a leader but you can't seem to make up your mind. I think you'd better close it and let me guide you to my twitter feed.
p.p.s. Let's pretend we went to high school together on facebook.
p.p.p.s. Google + is another place you can read the same thing I posted here.
p.p.p.p.s. I'll tumblr for ya.
p.p.p.p.p.s.  Yeah, I do Instagram too now.  I guess it's a law or something.

No comments: