(Successful cartoonist Al Capp and some guy I've never heard of. Al Capp is the one that looks rich and powerful.)
Because no one asked, here are my 10 Rules for Drawing Comics
- Get a job at a place with a good photocopier and so much paper that no one will notice it is missing.
- Talk said job into buying a long stapler.
- Take small bites and chew with your mouth closed.
- Brush and floss your teeth.
- Buy new shoes and underwear at least once a year.
- Make sure to lotion your elbows every day.
- Don't let your ulcers or acid reflux go untreated.
- Don't get married until you make at least $100,000 a year and have at least $100,000 in the bank. Also make sure that your potential spouse will never ask you to do anything.
- Don’t be late for your food stamps interview at Social Services and remember to bring all the required documentation.
- Check the church listings in the discarded newspapers at McDonalds. Your local churches always have very good community dinners around the holidays and they usually schedule them at different times so you should be able to enjoy several free meals.
I think that about covers it. Good luck kids!
Your best pal ever,