Blogger Widgets

30 October 2008

Ngaitana by Lupi


This is one of the better results from this year's 24 Hour Comics Day that I have seen.  The drawing is strong but simple.  The storytelling is smart and tight.  The dialog has a lightness and spontenaity that does not match the subject matter but I actually see this as a strength.  The subject matter is borderline disturbing so the humor makes it a bit easier to take.  It is my understanding that the comic is not yet complete but the pages that are there are worth a look and worth bookmarking to come back and see the ending.  Warning to my squimish friends.  If you are like me and have to turn your head when medical shows are on TV then you might read this one with one eye closed.  ("Ngaitana" means "I will circumcise myself" so that should give you and idea on what to expect.)

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith  

No comments: