Blogger Widgets

19 August 2012

Other Comics News Parade-O-Links 08192012

(Cover from a great big treasury sized giant Joe Kubert Tarzan comic that I read at the beach last year and loved about as much as my little black heart can love.  Image stolen from Treasury Comics.)

Here are some things I found interesting in the world of minicomics, comic books, graphic novels, small press, self publishing, zines, webcomics, cartoons, digital comics, other, etc. during the week ending 08192012:

"It was a way to make some money, that’s all: pure and simple. Nobody considered it an art form. Nobody was proud of being a comic-book artist. Matter of fact, it was a couple of steps below digging ditches. Syndication was recognized success. If you could get to do a syndicated strip, my God, that was the answer. But comic books were considered for many, many years to be a shameful occupation. Most of the guys in the business, if you asked them what they did, would never admit that they were comic-book artists."  Joe Kubert, 1994.

(Joe Kubert Tarzan 211 cover stolen from PencilInk.
Poetry F yeah!
(The above image of Bill and Ted being excellent was found at picktainment while doing a Google image search for the Phoenix galaxy.  Because teh intronets.)


(Mock ROM cover stolen from Blog For ROM Fans Who Aren't Dicks.)


And that's just a taste of some of the interesting things going out there in the wonderful world of comics and things. I can't keep up with it all but I do keep up with a lot of it on twitter and I try to re-tweet the good stuff. You should probably follow me there. If you did something to make comics better this week then high-five!

Your best pal ever,

Shannon Smith

p.s. Say you want a leader but you can't seem to make up your mind. I think you'd better close it and let me guide you to my twitter feed.
p.p.s. Let's pretend we went to high school together on facebook.
p.p.p.s. Google + is another place you can read the same thing I posted here.
p.p.p.p.s. I'll tumblr for ya.
Post a Comment