Blogger Widgets

06 August 2009

Not minicomics: Wednesday Comics

file under other is mostly dedicated to minicomics and other indie/alternative/underground/art/avant garde/dyi/zine/small press etc. books but I do read some mainstream comics and sometimes I even fell like talking about them. When I do, I usually do it over on the Addicted to Distraction blog. I have recently posted two "twitter reviews" of DC Comics new Wednesday Comics series. So far I've covered 3 and 4. I might do more but am not able to visit comic shops on a regular basis so I can't make any promises. I thought I would link the reviews here because as far as mainstream comics go the format of this series is about as "other" as anything the big two have tried in a while. I also will always think of Paul Pope, Kyle Baker and Mike Allred as indie guys so I think it totally makes sense for me to mention stuff about them here at file under other. Plus, I'm making up the rules as I go so...
Check out my review of week three here and week four here.

Your best pal ever,
Shannon Smith

And p.s. you can follow me on twitter when and if twitter works. My twitter name is Shannon_Smith. This may or may not be the link. Twitter kind of hates me and seems to not work for me a lot. Oh teh future and teh wacky intronets.

No comments: